I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve joined the amazing team here at the Bent Agency! I can’t wait to start reading your submissions. I thought it’d be helpful if I gave you all my query wishlist as a way to introduce myself. You can submit to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that I am currently only representing titles intended for digital-first publishers.
– My two must-haves for this are: 1. A fresh contemporary voice 2. A swoon-worthy male protagonist.
– I’d love to see contemporary, historical, romantic suspense, time-travel, really any genre of romance with the exception of paranormals.
– I love well-researched, female-driven historicals that simultaneously educate and fascinate me.
– For novels set in the US, I have a special soft spot for the turn-of-the-century novel as well as those set during WW2.
– I also love historicals set in China or Japan. Please refer to anything written by Lisa See.
– This may not yet be considered historical but I also love stories set in late 20th century Middle East. Some of my all time favorite books include Khaled Hossieni’s A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS and Rohinton Mistry’s A FINE BALANCE.
– I’d love a good historical thriller or mystery. If you have one of these, please send it my way.
-However, I don’t particularly like medieval or regency historicals.
– Especially contemporary YA romance.
– I’d also like a historical YA, again, preferably with a female perspective set in any of the aforementioned time periods.
– I only want fantasy that’s particularly creepy.
New Adult Fiction…
– The most important thing for me for NA is an authentic, relatable voice
I’m also looking for:
– Women’s Fiction
Things I’m not looking for include:
– Science Fiction
– Adult fantasy
– Non-fiction works
– Middle-grade or Picture books
I look forward to reading your queries!