#PitchFURY – NOW CLOSED

I see a lot of #tenqueries on twitter where agents tweet the queries as they reject them. Now I understand that these might be useful to writers, but here at The Bent Agency we tend to focus more on what works rather than what doesn’t.
I am closed to submissions, but have recently requested a few manuscripts and I want to tell you a little about how they came my way and then do five tweet-sized accounts about why I requested them.
1. I met an author at a conference in Dallas. She was fabulous and made me laugh. We discussed what was working in the market and moved onto chatting about the things we women loved to talk about, watch on TV, etc. The list included Bridget Jones, 50 Shades, Magic Mike, funny books, Contemporary Romance, etc.  The author invited me to join the gals at a strip club. I had plans, but we joked about Magic Mike and her writing a manuscript like that, but for women. The next day I saw her walking the street, lol – okay, she was walking between hotels. I had my driver stop and I opened my car door and offered her a ride. A year later she emailed me with a query (that rocked) and 5 pages of the manuscript just like we discussed.
My (lengthy) tweet would be:
Query 1 yr after meeting author. Exactly what I asked for. High concept. Funny. Sexy. Magic Mike meets Sex & the City. Request! #5queries
2. A colleague sent me a pitch that came her way.  She loved the writing and the voice, but it was not the right fit for her. I loved the query and the pages.  Literary MG based on author’s life.
My tweet would be:
Referral. Literary middle grade that made me want to cry while reading the first 5 pages. Beautifully written.  Request FULL! #5queries
3. Self-published author that I tweeted/DM’d last year contacted me. I love everything about her series and I am a true fan. I did not offer rep when I had contacted her last year, but she feels like she might need some help moving forward and so she thought of me. Her covers are beautiful. Her titles and plots are high concept. Her sales are good. She is smart and savvy. I think there is foreign and film potential here. I have worked successfully with authors like her before and we are a full service agency, so we can help her explore those subrights. I have read many of her books and would love to see some new unpublished work.
My tweet would be:
Self-pub author restarts conversation we had last year. Gorgeous covers. High concept. Great writing. I am a HUGE fan #OFFERofREP#5queries
4. Nicole Resciniti and I run an annual American Writers Idol competition every year at the Romantic Times Convention (RT). Many of the submissions were so good that we requested a few of fulls even before the event started. We fell in love with four of them and are working on co-repping some of them.  We also represent one of last year’s winners.
My tweet would be:
Amazed at the wonderful, talented authors who submit their work to our RT Writers Idol Comp. Blown away. Requested many fulls. #5queries
5. Because I am closed to submissions, I try to go where the writers are and enjoy participating in online competitions, tweet festivals, roundups, blogs and general pitch madness on the interweb. This year I requested more than 25 full manuscripts from competitions alone. I think that the “tweet” pitch forces the writer to really hone in on the premise of the story and can bring out a high concept that might have been hidden in a regular query. These are my favorite pitches and are much like loglines used to pitch film concepts.
So today my tweet is…
I love 140 character pitches. Want to leave your high concept pitch in the comments section of my latest blog post? 24 hours only #pitchFURY
For this event I will request only the ones that resonate with me and it will probably be based on the following…
Is it high-concept? Eloquent? Original?
Do I love the idea/premise?
Will it make me want to call 5 friends and tell them all about it?
Does it make me curious to read more?
If you want to see what I am looking for, visit my page on the web: http://thebentagency.com/agent_louise_fury.php
Ready? Set? Tweet!
I can’t wait to read and consider your pitches.

~Louise Fury

UPDATE: #pitchFURY closed at 2pm EST on Friday (July 11th) 2014

About Louise Fury

Louise Fury represents adult and young adult fiction, including suspense/thrillers, romance, and select nonfiction, as well as novels with a graphic element or illustrations. A native South African, I now live in New York City and travel to Cape Town every year, where I spend time educating South African writers, meeting with international publishers and distributing books. Before agenting, I worked in marketing and advertising for both the consumer markets and publishing. Prior to joining The Bent Agency, I worked as a literary agent at the L. Perkins Agency. I represent numerous New York Times and USA Today best-selling authors and encourage my authors to have one foot in traditional print publishing and the other in the digital arena. I am a huge advocate of utilizing secondary rights—I have sold film/TV, audio and foreign rights for my clients. I believe in staying ahead of the pack by embracing change, not just adapting to it. I'm looking for writers with a unique voice and an unforgettable story. In young adult, I look for manuscripts that are written with an unforgettable voice—this can be deep, dark and gritty or literary, lyrical and emotional. My wish list includes novels with a unique structure or format and books with multiplatform possibilities. I’m also looking for smart romantic comedy. For nonfiction I’m particularly interested in pop culture, cookbooks, true crime, humor, pop science and sports.
Louise's posts

403 Responses to #PitchFURY – NOW CLOSED

1. Emily McKeon says:

Billy Brown joins the army during DADT to run from who he is, only to find love where he least expects it. Adult LGBT Lit #pitchFURY

(Thank you for doing this!! 🙂 )

2. seaaircarol says:

Hollywood actress Katrina is killed at Ashling's fairytale park–right in the middle of a performance of Sleeping Beauty.

3. Olive is haunted by the brother she wished from existence. Only the woman who bakes secrets into pies knows if she can wish him back. Adult MR

4. She’s tainted by secrets. He’s a single dad. Hiring the Filipina seems right…until he falls for her, drug lords and all #NA

5. 3 sisters straddle the line between the natural & supernatural in a modern retelling of Macbeth from the witches perspective #YA #UF

6. Tricia Q. says:

To redeem her father's rep in the art world a shy curator teams up w/ a sexy sculptor to pull off a museum heist.cont rom. caper

7. MVB says:

Lost & Found: ARTHURIAN Relic with magical properties. Who does it belong to? 14 yo Lara needs to find out. #pitchFURY YA Fantasy

8. After a violinist's obsessive Romeo dies,she fears he'll never let her go.Heaven so Fine is a NA Thriller. Gothic Gone Boy The Shining twist

9. Amy Snyder says:

A writer wrestles with her own sanity when her unfinished characters come to life and demand she finish their stories. WF

10. Louise Beech says:

70-year-old sea survival story saves diabetic child when shared with mum and ghostly sailor grandad during injections.

11. seaaircarol says:

Sorry-didn't include category and genre. Adult Cozy. Thanks.

12. Anna Gutmann says:

Dark retelling of Grimm's Fairytale: teenage amnesiac & schizophrenic fights against evil fairy queen and her child army (YA Fan) #pitchFURY

13. Maggie Giles says:

The only man to keep his head, Thomas Wyatt was Anne Boleyn’s only real lover. #Historical #NA

14. Maggie Giles says:

Her best friend turned murder; Courtney is terrified that people will find out. But the truth is… no one knows…yet #Thriller #YA

15. Sarah Noel says:

Desperation sends a 20-something abroad for a semester, an adventure that sends her outrageous party stories, best friends, a debilitating crush, and the self-confidence she's been longing for.

16. Carl Hackman says:

Valaria is young, in prison & pregnant. She's also a Jaguar. For her cubs to remain free, putting herself between them & a gun may be her only option

17. Soul eaters hunt 15-yo January. To save the girl she loves, she risks becoming one. But if her friends find out, they’ll kill her. #YA CF

18. Dr. Lydia’s hidden utopian land is at risk when jet jockey Connor’s parachute drops him on her shore. Love. Scifi. #pitchFURY

19. Jennifer D says:

After her mom is kidnapped, Harper flees home to the jungles of Belize where she uncovers a hidden war being waged over the numinous powers of the sun and moon. #YA multicultural Fant

20. Romeo & Juliet + Perfect Chemistry = a H.S. wrestler overcoming an eating disorder to be w/the clarinetist of his unexpected dreams. #YA

21. To save his comrades from the eternal battlefield, Seth searches the destroyer's dreams for her weakness. Problem: she's his. #YA ContempF

22. Steve Schade says:

Joan learns about the shy boy through the stories he writes for her. Their struggles become conflicts in his imaginary world. #pitchFury

23. Terry says:

Desperate to avoid foster care & no longer able to hide her mother’s absence, Layla finds refuge and danger in an abandoned cabin in the foothills. #YA

24. R.A. Martin says:

Secret artist Sean Wainwright's grand plans to win the city art contest and the girl next door go awry when his dad returns from Afghanistan with PTSD. #MG

25. An ice age shrouds the world, triggered by abrupt climate change. In this harsh environment, a young hunter must choose between honor and survival. #YA post-apoc

26. Wendy Parris says:

To stop a terrifying ghost, 12yo Rebecca follows clues in old letters to an abandoned farm & uncovers a tragic family secret #MG #pitchFURY

27. A mouthy chemistry major must confront her demonic heritage to save her family (and maybe reality itself). Upper YA.

28. Pharmacist Luke Taylor is stuck, resuscitating his license & his life. Until new co-worker makes road-kill out of his no romance rehab plan. #NA

29. Still struggling to get over her mother's death, 17 yr old Annika, spends the summer with her once absent biological father working at his music venue. Anna and the French Kiss meets Pitch Perfect, set in NYC.

30. Bethany says:

Changes threaten the sacred time-loop. Avrilis saves a young man's life making fugitives of them both. #YA #WeNeedDiverseBooks

31. Yvonne Jones says:

Trapped in the past after a time travel snafu, Vincent falls in love w/ Carmen, who also exists in the future as a presumed widow. #romance

32. bcmorrow says:

33. 90,000-word YA: Teen boy forced to use hereditary teleporting ability to prevent supernatural immigration. Dark/Sexy. Buffy meets Pendragon.

34. Small-town cop faces return of lost love, who ran off with a secret. Now she runs from something else, and it may even involve the Mob.

35. For her, he'd go to the end of the world. When she disappears, he might have to. Romeo and Juliet meets The Divine Comedy in 1774 #pitchfury

36. They said Old Earth was dead. 17yo Adam escapes his space home to learn the truth & discovers the cure for Earth’s survival is in his veins.

37. Sixteen-year-old Adalind Rivers never really thought about God until the day the devil thought about her. A young adult STIGMATA. #pitchFURY

38. After ingesting an experimental bean that gives one powerful inhuman DNA, a poor farmer loses his shot at the rich woman no one wants him to have, along with his freedom.

39. Darcy says:

Fail and Lucien will lose everything he's ever known, succeed and he'll lose everything he's ever wanted. Grimm fairy tale meets Matrix. YA.

40. Emily says:

At 16, Annie's life is about getting through her friend's disappearance. At 19, she tries to catch the killer & prove she's innocent.#YA #pitchFURY

41. 90-000-word YA: Teen boy forced to use hereditary teleporting ability to prevent supernatural immigration. Dark/Sexy. Buffy meets Pendragon.

42. Judy Clemens says:

Six teenagers play a deadly game of Tag in present-day Chicago. Tag, You're Dead. YA Thriller.

43. 90-000-word YA: Teen boy forced to use hereditary teleporting ability to prevent supernatural immigration. Dark/Sexy. Buffy meets Pendragon.

44. Necole Ryse says:

Listen, I didn't ask for this, ok? My dad dropped me off and told me to "blend in". But I'm not one of them. Can they tell? #NA #PitchFURY

45. Emmalee Aple says:

To save the lives of the ones she loves, Addisyn’s willing to risk her 2nd chance at life. She's bent on making her mark or fall trying. #YA

46. L. Hild says:

YA Contemp: 16 YO Julia fakes a pregnancy to keep her sister from going to college and leaving her alone with their abusive dad. #pitchFURY

47. K.M. Herkes says:

A story of survival, discovery and conflicted loyalties set against a backdrop of corporate conspiracy in post-collapse America.

48. Eric Morgan says:

When 15 year old teens Jason & Omar defy a religious edict–by burying the member of a foreign sect, they must flee for their lives. Along the way, they meet up with a teenage girl on the run from her father's killers. To survive, these exiles just work together; but their enemies have not given up the search. YA Fantasy 69k

49. Anne Marie says:

When Cori's brother is kidnapped, she must battle past cannibals & a giant winged serpent to save him from the Winter Chief. #YA #UF

50. morg4nd says:

Ppl stare b/c I stay the same. I don't take on a new persona every week like the others. But I can slip into their minds. I am an ephebe.

51. Chelle818 says:

When psychic/witch Grace reads the dead, she relives their last moments. Can she survive being outed as the N.O.P.D.'s secret weapon? #UF

52. Mim says:

Lexy must choose between obeying her family or following Kaden, a werewolf, for a chance to save Jason, the boy—I mean zombie of her dreams. #YA

53. Shari says:

1957: Charlotte sends a message in a bottle to her baby-to-be. 56 years later: Remi finds it and is inspired to follow her whisper.

54. Blinded in a freak accident, 17 yr old Camria is tempted by a young man's offer to restore her sight in exchange for her memories. #ya

55. Mary has finally found her soul mate. Unfortunately, Mary is already married. And the love of her life is a woman. #Adult LGBT

56. YA To salvage his broken family, Glenn attempts to resurrect Chicago's long-dead superheroes – he creates the first supervillain instead. #pitchFURY

57. When Cori's brother is kidnapped, she must battle past tiny cannibals & a giant winged serpent to save him from the Winter Chief. #YA #UF

58. Artemis Grey says:

Knife-wielding Catskin appears in shy albino Ansel's life & changes his world. But they'll both have to face the past she fled. #YAcontemp

59. When Cori's brother is kidnapped, she must battle past tiny cannibals & a giant winged serpent to save him from the Winter Chief. #YA #UF

60. Under the guise of a superhero, Pete & his friends become efficient at punishing the bullies in their middle school. Too efficient. MG Cntmp

61. Paul Elliot says:

#pitchFURY #humour AFTERLIFE Recently deceased shoe salesman finds entering the kingdom of heaven is not as easy as it is cracked up to be

62. Sean Lamb says:

16yo Kyle wants to escape military school, where a barbaric headmaster drives cadets to the brink of suicide. #YA #pitchFURY

63. A witchy cultist at an outdoor music festival ensnares a college student and an ageing rockstar into her diabolical ritual to usher in a dark new world. BURN (93,000).

64. Old roadies retire to the rock-and-roll rest home. Wild comes home to Almost Famous. #womensfiction

65. Patricia says:

When aliens from the galaxy Canistopia arrive, the AGENTS OF STEM must use their knowledge of lasers to save the cats and save themselves #CB

66. Wendy Parris says:

67. Hallie is the invisible grl—literally. Unfortunately, her superpower has fatal side effects. Vanquish evil and die OR embrace it and live? #YA

68. delooze zoo says:

1860 NewYork Abby's grpa's an abolitionist Scottish preacher, Will's an escaped slave. Safe haven becomes love despite the coming war NA/HR

69. kaitlyn sage says:

When 11yo Wren invites strange, ethereal Finola into her tree house, she doesn’t think Finola will yank her into a magical world at war. MG

70. Liz LeCrone says:

The stars above are going dark as Seeker launches a rebellion against her tyrannical king. But is she fighting the right enemy?YA#pitchfury

71. Ren, a talented thief, is the prime suspect in a string of ritual murders. And the Realm's best hope to find the killer. #pitchFURY #YA

72. Sean Lamb says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

73. Patricia says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

74. Abby says:

Her friend was executed for trying to escape. Now Calla and her brother Paul are running from the system that promised to protect them. YA

75. 1984- A teen witch who’s never been good at anything but being bad,will have to solve the biggest mystery in the history of magic #pitchfury

76. Nancy Parish says:

Taunting text messages set up Noble as a murder suspect when a cheer squad initiation stunt goes bad. #pitchFURY #YA

77. What happens when Beauty becomes the Beast? Forced to confront enemies both real & internal, even love might not be enough to save her.

78. Adult Thriller. Unless the brilliant computer scientist stops the plot he unwittingly made possible, the odds are high that the next over the counter drug you take may KILL YOU.

79. Girl from anti-tech cult meets migrant worker boy who'll bring forbidden meds to her dying bro, if she'll help kill cult leader-YA Thrilller

80. AlannaLP says:

Pop star/Archangel Arella tries to stop rocker/Antichrist Darius but falls for him. Paradise Lost+Mulholland Dr. NA urban fantasy #pitchFURY

81. Pattie Baker says:

You think it's hard to ride a unicycle with two legs, try it with one. It put a totally new spin on my sorry 16-year-old life. #YA #pitchFURY

82. 16yo Emma is torn between 2 loves after learning she’s King Arthur’s daughter and an evil sorceress wants her dead. #YA Fantasy Rom

83. Allie Keeton says:

High concept YA. 16 yo boy & peers deformed & raised by parents to overthrow govt seek to fulfill parents’ dreams & find theirs #pitchFURY

84. Mary has finally found her soul mate. Unfortunately, Mary is already married. And the love of her life is a woman. #Adult

85. 90-000-word YA: Teen boy forced to use hereditary teleporting ability to prevent supernatural immigration. Dark/Sexy. Buffy meets Pendragon.

86. K.M. Herkes says:

An innocent accused of terrorism fights to expose her powerful enemies in a country rebuilding after social collapse. #SFF #pitchfury

87. L.A. Tigar says:

Sex. Death. Young vs. Old. Family Feuds. Lies. Secrets. NYC. 10 ppl all connected by one line. Writer: young, big blog following. #pitchfury

88. Shaya Roy says:

He’s a 250 yo dragon who may or may not eat people…she’s a 25 yo diplomat with aunty issues. Falling in love was practically inevitable. Adult PNR.

89. After a recent break-up, Marjorie searches for a distraction. Then she meets Asher, an elven ambassador, who steals her heart, and maybe her life too. #YA

90. Brie says:

Personal rejection molds/distorts our future decisions. Is there escape from the pain? My journey out of its jaws. #christianmemoir #pitchfury

91. Coree: Surviving alien abduction—cake—especially since she didn’t remember it.
    Surviving the alien’s enemies and falling in love—hard. #NA SciFi Rom

92. Sona can call upon the Spirits alive inside the constellations,but a man with war in his blood needs a Spirit on the blacklist NA #pitchFURY

93. Christa says:

They're 17. He only bullied her to save himself. She doesn't know he ended the bullying, or that her strength of words changed him. #YA

94. Karen Mahara says:

Parents murdered. Memory lost. Cinderfella must piece together his past before the man responsible lures him into a deadly trap. #YA fantasy

95. A canoe? Her parents lame gift. But as each trip on the magical craft leads to alternate versions of her family, a decision must be made #MG

96. YA-AltHist: 18yo pro soccer player w/ dual citizenship has to choose which country he'll play for in World Cup when home is destroyed by war

97. Alyssa says:

The last remaining member of the royal family (Wait, isn’t this Ohio?) wants to turn Kate (But wasn’t it her mom who caused the accident?) into the next queen of Ribbon Lake. YA.

98. YA-MR Exchange student brings a jungle legend alive. Now a Maleku Indian god is after her life & a sexy new neighbor is after her heart.

99. This comment has been removed by the author.

100. Amity isn't sure which might kill her first: her arranged marriage or the gargoyles hunting humans in 1777 Boston. #YA Historical Fantasy

101. Jenny says:

YA: Derek hanged himself on Christmas break from The Home. Roommate JP faces his culpability, soothes his friends, and explores love with Liz. #pitchFURY

102. Getting a new heart might not fix sixteen-year-old Adam’s broken one. #YA #thriller

103. Mal C says:

Beauty and the Beast meets Sarah Connor when Ella confronts the dangerous species who kidnapped her father. #Adult #PNR #pitchFURY

104. Layne says:

In war-ravaged future Chicago, an actress is recruited to seduce an arms dealer – but her handler may be even more dangerous than her mark.

105. cielorayn says:

Rejection, death, soul transference, and a soul-stealing newcomer is what 17-year-old Max faces in Kiwaku. YA PNR

106. Ruby Madeira says:

Girl meets girl when a chance meeting reveals they share stolen memories and must go on the run from monsters to stay alive. Upper YA.

107. YA-HistFant: 17yo loots Great Chicago Fire for sport, then has to save his friends but can't tell the difference b/t visions and reality.

108. Christa says:

Texas voice major starts safe sex rock band to overcome the trauma of an abortion that's divided her from a friend in danger of herself.

109. Trapped in another dimension, a blind Seer battles a soul-eating shadow-wind while the girl he loves rips a hole between worlds to save him. YA F #pitchFURY

110. Writing the USA from the outside; one state at a time. #theseunitedstates A collection of 50 short stories from a non-native observer.

111. When Jacob, an angel of death falls for a mortal named Dalia, her reality is turned upside down. In a world of demons, death, life and love, Dalia takes on a modern role of The Arabian Nights’ Scheherazade, working to charm her captor and protect her own cherished ones. But will it work? #NewAdult #TeamFury #PitchFury

112. When Jacob, an angel of death falls for a mortal named Dalia, her reality is turned upside down. In a world of demons, death, life and love, Dalia takes on a modern role of The Arabian Nights’ Scheherazade, working to charm her captor and protect her own cherished ones. But will it work? #NewAdult #TeamFury #PitchFury

113. michy121 says:

Upon death Zoe Wells enters The Soul Program, a realm where young souls go to adjust to being dead. #YoungAdult #pitchfury

114. Carol says:

12 yo Fi’s got a mean streak & super powers. Her family’s like the Incredibles—gone incredibly wrong. Fi’s choice: join them or fight them?

115. When a winged prisoner tells Ephraim his entire life is a lie, the Warrior in him can fight for one thing: the freedom of truth. YA Fantasy

116. lauralanni says:

How cruel for relationship problems to tag along to the dead side. #pitchFURY #WF

117. Jerry Quinn says:

What really happens the morning after Happily Ever After. Norman conquest era historical fantasy. #pitchFURY

118. Donna Munoz says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

119. This comment has been removed by the author.

120. The key to saving two worlds is in an alternate universe. Kas is the only one who can get it, but it would mean his brother's death. YA Fantasy

121. smeiler says:

With 4 gorgeous kids and a house in the "right" suburb, T and T are the couple next door – who happen to be swingers. #momfiction #pitchFURY

122. Justine says:

Interdimensional hunter Jacklyn Madison becomes the prime weapon in a war between her group’s brutal leader and her idealistic son. #YA

123. logansrun161 says:

13yo Peter Holm has a list of requisites for surviving boarding school. Loyal best friend. Check. Membership in a secret club. Check. Murder. Umm, wait… #MG #pitchFURY

124. Seventeen year old Mae is sent back in time aboard the Titanic after a Wiccan séance with her friends goes awry. #pitchFURY #YA

125. Teen ventriloquist scams bereaved marks by pretending to speak to the dead until she accidentally contacts a real spirit and falls for him.

126. Mattie and a fellow student become partners in mutually assured destruction after he stumbles on her escape act at an underground venue. YA Contemporary.

127. Ayla is a beautiful young Rabbi who has her world turned upside down when she meets Jeremiah, the perfect “Jewish” Mr. Darcy.

128. The town zombie visits Rachel’s book store; not looking for books to read or brains to eat. He wants help; his own ghost is haunting him

129. 17 y/o Lux dares to escape the primitive island she's been stuck on to seek answers about the disasters that destroyed her kingdom… and is promptly kidnapped by pirates. #pitchFURY

130. In 30 days, the governor will destroy Aydra's family because they can read. She doesn’t need a royal shapeshifter to save her. Right? YA/FR

131. A gov't cover up of a 2nd Earth & an energy source to solve Earth problems. Jack Oliver searches his past life to expose it all. #pitchFURY

132. Wheelchair-bound Catty meets mysterious Johnny, but does he have a secret agenda? Was their's a chance meeting?

133. Violet says:

A girl travels to her home planet to solve the mystery of who she really is. Plus, science, worm holes, and space school! #MGSCIFI

134. Fear. Brutalize. Deny. Rebel. In the duchy, how four teenagers adapt to their nefarious parents’ whims is a matter of survival. #YAfantasy #PitchFury

135. Closdurois says:

Chester is labeled sexually deviant. Lizzie is labeled as feebleminded and promiscuous. Both are institutionalized during the licentiousness of the 1920s and scheduled for sterilization until an ugly truth is discovered.

136. The illusion of having it all (except an orgasm) crumbled right beneath Corinne's designer shoe clad feet. Choices are made. Orgasms are found. #WF #Chicklit

137. Under the guise of a superhero, Pete & his friends become efficient at punishing the bullies in their middle school. Too efficient. MG Cntmp

138. Hilarious short stories about what happens to romance novel couples after the traditional storybook ending. #original #womenfic #pitchfury

139. gillhoffs says:

LordOfTheFlies meets Jaws.In 1930s, 5kids steal boat&sail4America while elsewhere a man's lost on whale corpse.Drift together&MOREdangerous.

140. YA: Olive's summer is a wreck til thrill-seeking Milo shows up. Will she risk their relationship when his next idea is too crazy? #PitchFury

141. June Kitson says:

Addie and pretentious jerk Mason share superpowers when they're together. Now, they'll have to team up to find her missing mom. #YA

142. tomalanbrosz says:

17 years old, farmer, hunter, Reno high roller, training to be secret agent. Drinks blood, allergic to sunlight. The adventures of Zorya. YA

143. YA: Olive's summer is a wreck til thrill-seeking Milo shows up. Will she risk their relationship when his next idea is too crazy? #PitchFury

144. This comment has been removed by the author.

145. The consultant, sex worker, graying entrepreneur, cop, murderer. They rebel against the forsaken city, paths violently crossed in the end.

146. Kelly Said says:

#YA #SF Gen's Tempo makes a moment last a lifetime, forcing her to choose between her spy/friend and secret agent in battle to save humanity

147. School-shooter, Chrissy, invokes her right to remain silent. Her best friend, Priscilla, searches for the truth behind the crime. #YA

148. Gina Wynn says:

In two worlds with two husbands and too many secrets, there can be only one soulmate. Magical realism. #PitchFURY

149. Rambha says:

Smita grows up in a traditional Indian family that values caste, social standing and sons. So, when she is the victim of rape, her life turns upside down as she runs away to escape the lack of support from her parents.

150. Rather than correct people by saying the thirteen worlds are post-utopian, not dystopian, Ares would rather just read his book, Fairytales. LGBT YA Fantasy.

151. Julie Dao says:

A cursed violin takes center stage in this #YA inspired by Phantom of the Opera, featuring best friends turned musical rivals.

152. Sophie Lira says:

New Adult: Olivia wants trust & true love—panic attacks & a crazy ex-bf won’t keep her from starting over with Captain America. #SAFE #PitchFURY

153. Prank or threat Fate or coincidence? Thrown together by meddling friends & a cyber-stalker 1 answer is clear their attraction is undeniable.

154. SaraBella says:

When soldiers come to town with a lion, a young widow and her daughter's lives are changed. But wartime romances are short-lived WW2 Hawaii

155. WriterSue says:

A 15 year old Latina abandons her overprotective Papi to seek fame and fortune as a back up singer to a reckless stranger claiming to be her aunt. #PitchFury #UpperMG

156. There's a countdown on those guys' lives, and it's Jo's punishment to decide who gets one more day and who dies early. YA contemp thriller.

157. anneuro says:

Christmas has Clara. Halloween needs ballerinas. HALLOWEENA BALLERINA wears a sparkly tutu—made of slimy lime green things! #PB #pitchFURY

158. HF LIAM witnesses starvation and horror. He escapes to Canada on a coffin ship. A new world beckons him.

159. C.C. Dowling says:

What’s worse than screwing up your first soul-reaping assignment b/c of a boy? Facing your afterlife caseworker. PRN NA #PitchFury

160. Darci Cole says:

YA F: To save his parents from murder and kingdom from tyranny, Prince Lex teams up w Robyn and her outlaws – and falls for her on the way.

161. This comment has been removed by the author.

162. Sister & brother prodigies seek world-stage success in 1960's London classical music scene, facing heartbreak and triumph. A/WF #pitchFURY

163. Nessa's got someone else's memories implanted in her brain — and they want them back. YA thriller #pitchFURY

164. lisakirazian says:

165. YA Sci-Fy: Perhaps we are all made of starstuff, and perhaps we have all spoken to the stars before. But they've only spoken back to Jetta.

166. Kel Heinen says:

LGBT Rom Jimmy’s off his psych meds and making Coby regret 'I do'. A mental breakdown, a public assault…he should've said 'I don't'.

167. Sandra M. Odell says:

17y.o. Noelani is determined to win a contest to build the 1st aero-flyer in 1852 alt-Victoriana Hawaii. #SFFpit #YA #LGBTQ

168. Jenn says:

X-men meets present-day Ender’s Game in speculative YA with a diverse cast of orphaned teens with abilities prepping for a war against those in their home & outside it.

169. One person stands in the way of a 13 y o kid trying to solve a 13 y o crime to save his best friend from Detroit: a cute green-eyed girl named Snake Eyes. #UpperMG

170. Amidst a war, an ambitious princess must choose between love and country while a thief “rescues” the missing prince. YA F. Dual Narrative.

171. American Pie meets The Sessions as 16 YO Ozzy struggles to dump his virginity and prove he can be a man in a wheelchair. #YA

172. KLC says:

21yo teacher w vivid imagination chooses bw growing up + fantasy world she's learned was real. Faces nightmares + broken hearts left behind.

173. Eris0303 says:

12 yr old Suzy Doran's life gets turned upside down when Hollywood comes knocking on her door. Will she get swallowed by the machine or not? @eris0303

174. Finn became a Sin Eater to bring her back from the dead, now Death's protégé is in Nashville. American Horror Story meets City of Bones. YA

175. Jinsey says:

Backpacking through Europe, running from her troubles, Skye chances upon Asher on a night train to Rome…discovering that love can find you anywhere. NA Contemp romance

176. An aetheist dies, only to discover she should've given religion more benefit of the doubt. As the divinities seek to make her their pawn, she tries to escape back to what she knows. Lord of the Rings meets World Mythology.

177. CHadge says:

#pitchfury #YA Lottie could be the savior of two ecologically linked planets if only she can control her temper—and the voice in her head.

178. Daria meets Pride and Prejudice with a female Darcy. #contemporaryYA #PitchFURY

179. Alanna is deaf; Jared is a geek, and both need each other to survive high school. YA Contemp. Beauty and the Beast retelling. #pitchFURY

180. Christina Li says:

Alternate era Imperial China. 16 yo Meiya navigates a dangerous political landscape & seeks revenge for illegal drug contraband that haunted her past. #YA

181. Hell’s veil broke when Zoe was born. Now, 2 mo b/f her 18 bday, she must have a kick-ass plan or the Devil’s cage will open. #PitchFURY

182. 17yo Katie Price must hunt her sister down before the new vampire queen turns LA into her personal playground. #YA #CF #pitchFury

183. Nina Lake says:

On a mission to clear her daughter’s name from scandal, Adele must reach out to a lover she left behind 16 yrs ago. (Contemporary Romance/Women's Fiction)

184. Siren Allen says:

#PRN. Every time she closes her eyes, he's there in her dreams waiting for her. Yet when she's awake, he's locked in an insane asylum.

185. anneuro says:

She came to protect the queen. She wasn’t expecting a quest—or dashing Dec. A Texan finds a hidden gem in Dublin. #thriller #rom #pitchFURY

186. ADHD girl and boy with processing delay text quotes from The Letters of Abelard and Heloise but find that love IRL comes with complications

187. Cross Nora E with Anne L. A book of stories about the give and take of life.

188. Cross Nora E with Anne L. A book of stories about the give and take of life.

189. #NA. Samida has fought her whole life to remain a rebel and not conform to this new world the vampires have created. But when she’s sold by her own brother to the leader of the vampires she faces new problems: being killed by jealous vampires and falling for one or both of the leader's two nephews. The first problem is easy to avoid. The second… not so much.

190. Emmy Paxman says:

In RIFT RUNNERS, 16yo Shasta loses home to save her dad, traversing portals that strand her in another world – a broken, futuristic Seattle.

191. Amber Clites says:

Quinn's trying to tackle a broken heart the best way she knows how -will pink hair, a new boy & open mic night be the perfect fix? YA Contemp

192. Katherine says:

Penny is blind. In one university class she will meet a boy who gets her to see again. Even as he battles his own dark secrets. #YA/NA Contemporary

193. Lavender has big culinary dreams. None of which include her hot Irish frenemy winning her over with zombie runs & crazy pranks. YA Contemp

194. Twelve-year-old Sean Stevens is sick of second place, but this year his science fair project will wake the dead–literally. #MG

195. Kit Forbes says:

Discovering her nerdy boyfriend is a prince, surviving the cutthroat world of royalty becomes a military brat’s mission NewAdult #pitchFURY

196. Carleen says:

Jane is a target for seniors’ game to deflower as many girls as possible. The game gets out of hand and she is blamed in the aftermath. Edgy YA.

197. Kidnapped for ransom alongside four classmates, 17yo Ezra Winchester will either fight for their freedom or die a hostage #YAThriller #PitchFURY

198. Jody Holford says:

Maddi doesn't believe in HEA. Parent's murder/suicide proved love kills. Noah thinks his love can heal her #DAMAGED heart #ConRo #pitchFURY

199. Attorney Juliana Martin has a devil's choice. Worth with the FBI to betray a client or her father goes down for a murder he didn't commit.

200. His nightmares haunt him when he's awake, even at school. Worse, they're on YouTube. Can he track down and face the person causing them? #YA

201. Doug Barton says:

Big Bang Theory cast, futuristic Night Circus setting, Animal Farm plot. ASPIRIA: where academic achievers are worshipped like rock stars—until the new director arrives.

202. Amber says:

Shot down by comrade. Awakens on a mysterious island. Vows to seek revenge. Her quest is complicated when she's caught up in conspiracy and discovers mysterious connection to the island and man who saves her. #PitchFury YA

203. She waits, separated from true love for centuries. He returns with her cursed wedding ring. His fate: remember her or die. #rom#fantasy

204. Thrust into the deadly world of INFERNO where gangs, danger, & lies rule, Dominick must fight for his life, his freedom, & his heart. ‪#‎NA‬

205. billypayne says:

In a beach town, a battle w/bad guy for ancient artifacts leads 13yo + friends on a madcap chase leading to a showdown in an amusement park on an old, rickety pier. #MG

206. Winter is a shifter descended from the Viking god, Loki. She seeks out her estranged family, but finds a cult with deadly secrets instead #YA

207. Vinyl and Mono says:

Wannabe journalist Laura & struggling musician Del meet at a punk-rock squatters’ camp & begin a passionate songwriting partnership.

208. billypayne says:

Hunting artifacts 4 xtra credit, Jax + friends stumble into battle w/Hook for one that can rewrite fairy tale endings. Jacob Grimm's Pen. #MG

209. Mandi says:

It all started with a picture of the man who is supposedly Kate's father. That man just happens to be the President of the United States.

210. J Davidson says:

A kill away from reaching the sandman discharge quota, a teenage dream assassin learns the outlaws he killed aren’t who he was told. And neither is he. #YA #SF

211. Yamile says:

Young ballerina crippled by anxiety finds healing and friendship in the world of competitive Irish dancing. #MulticulturalMG

212. billypayne says:

When found in Witness Protection 13yo Deech + friends devise plan to trap the bad guys + survive 7th grade. The Fratellis meets Home Alone.#MG

213. safeaslife says:

214. Kim says:

YASpecFic When 17 y/o Evette meets Aidan, she discovers they’re Adam & Eve reborn, battling Lilith, Adam’s 1st wife, for their souls.

215. Lies secrets family love friendship suicide. Kari's life shatters like a bottle of vodka dropped on her OCD father's perfect Tokyo floor #YA

216. Princess Cassandra will save her friend's life. Terrible weather, hungry creatures, and a dragon won't stop her… Hopefully. #MG #fantasy

217. Stacy Ricco says:

YA – Abigail Shepard's boyfriend and her guardian are keeping secrets. She needs to discover them before they get someone killed. Namely her.

218. Jennifer says:

Lily fights insanity so her sister has a fighting chance. Running scared from the asylum. Boyfriend in tow. Secrets = setbacks. #pitchFURY

219. Zinny hosts a tea party for all of her friends. But what do trolls know about being fancy? Think Fancy Nancy infested with trolls. #PB

220. Sarah says:

When Lucie finds a hidden letter, she realises her great-grandfather might not have been the famous author she always believed. YA.

221. Vinyl and Mono says:

222. Teenage pop phenomenon Oliver Sands thought life was over when he's forced to rehab, but then he meets Summer Hayes and learns that there is life after the music stops. #YA #contemp

223. Jody Holford says:

Dull spot in family that shines, Lucy comes home reluctantly. Finds her family isn't perfect but neighbor, Alex, is. #ConRo #pitchFURY

224. aightball says:

Adult Rom LGBT Jimmy’s off his psych meds and making Coby regret 'I do'. A mental breakdown, a public assault…he should've said 'I don't'.

225. Whit Abbott says:

Gretchen lies about dropping out of law school. She hides, starting a diary detailing life cluttered w/student debt, a broken heart, & sex.

226. Sarah Land says:

Young mom must flee from man she loves. 40 years on, slide into dementia and slips of tongue prompt daughter to dig up dangerous truth

227. Adam Sass says:

Connor buried his empathic powers as a boy. He must unleash them on an ex-gay camp to free his boyfriend from its predatory leader.

228. Doppelgangers connection allows them to swap worlds & lands them on a hit list that could end more than just their lives. #PitchFury YA/UF

229. billypayne says:

The Goonies meets Harold and the Purple Crayon. 13yo panics when creatures crawl out of his 3-D chalk street art. #MG

230. Jody Holford says:

Maddi doesn't believe in HEA. Parents murder/suicide proved love kills. Noah believes he can mend her DAMAGED heart. #pitchFURY ContRom

231. Chris V says:

About to die from a plague that kills all 17yos, Gorin breaks into the rulers’ manor to get the cure they refuse to share. #YA

232. EmilyW says:

Lucy's such an incompetent ghost she can't even haunt, but if she doesn't finish the task she died attempting, shadows will consume her. #YA

233. When Nikita starts school, she realizes the world is a big place. Gnomes. Talking bears. And a war she's already a part of. #WeNeedDiverseBooks

234. J Griswell says:

When an arrogant heir falls in love with the girl he must kill, it will take more than power to secure his reign…and his heart. YA/F

235. Alternately-

We wanted to spend our lives together. Brain cancer told him we had 18mos. PPD begged me for zero. Our fight for Happily Ever After. #memoir

(An aside on blog stuff- capcha makes it notoriously hard for people to comment, you might want to consider modding the blog with an alternative commenting widget!)

236. billypayne says:

13yo creature catcher and his two awe-inspiring kick ass sisters find creatures aren't the only power threatening 1910 London. #MG

237. Brian says:

Afraid of the unknown, Ara is friendless. Fia leaps into Ara's journal of the natural world & something does happen: friendship. #pitchFURY

Children's Book
    @_briank_

238. Not sure if my pitch went through- my internet connection is super weird. Trying again-

They said brain cancer. “He’ll be fine,” I replied. They said 18mos to live. “He’ll be fine.” 3yrs & 3 kids later, he was. I wasn’t. #memoir

239. Laurie Litwin says:

Driving drunk, 17 y/o Taylor slams into a tree – and the truth – when she realizes she'd rather die than give up alcohol. #PitchFURY (hagergirl @ yahoo (dot) com)

240. winter jones says:

You find out the boogie man under your bed is a jinn from afar who is in love with you. Heart leaps! And your wedding is next month. Hate when that happens. # PN

241. Scott Martin says:

He's mentally isolated. She's an adrenaline junkie. On a journey across the galaxy, she'll show him that life is meant to be experienced. #NAscifi #PitchFury

242. Nora says:

A colonial farmer without a farm, a boy in over his head, and a traitor to the Empire could prevent a galactic war. Or cause one. Adult SF.

243. Paisley Grace is no one now. Brainwashed to conform, her life is walking in straight lines and being precise. #YA

244. Laurie Litwin says:

12 y/o Jake has one shot to pull his grades up enough to play baseball. Win the spelling bee. Only, Jake can't spell. #pitchFURY (hagergirl @ yahoo (dot) com)

245. Robin Reeves says:

17yo Riley is the Phoenix. She must learn to control her powers in order to avoid becoming a casualty. Action packed. #pitchFury NA

246. winter jones says:

A jinn dreams of human girl Saadia. Her evil maid casts him away to a ruin in Mexico. Edwin helps, only to fall in love with her as well.
    Anne Rice on crack. #AdultPN

247. YA/NA historical thriller – Culture, religion and politics explode on the slopes of mystical Mt. Damavand when 17 year old Zoroastrian mountain guide, Farhat, discovers the Shah's secret reason for the climb. Setting: 1906 Persia on the eve of the constitutional revolution.

248. Patchi says:

Jane Austen's Persuasion meets 1984 in space–Love and politics on a planet colonized according to Plato's Republic. #SFR

249. A bet goes wrong. A boy is dead. With a corpse in their trunk, 2 teens reevaluate the rules of their relationship, & when to break them (YA)

250. Janet Wrenn says:

A cop sacrifices love, damning herself to a spirit prison, to help a gay ghost & Vodou spirits-turned-human save the big bad & themselves. PNR

251. Cat says:

24yo Chamberlain has inherited his ancestors’ memories. 2,000yrs of history lives in his DNA & impending insanity grows nearer each day. 87K

252. Formula for a shitstorm: sexually frustrated journalist + seductive guardian from Cherokee myth ÷ love & his duty to steal her memories. #PNR

253. Mindy Smith says:

“Hope Springs” is the journey of a woman learning to wake up each morning without knowing whether she will ever get her heart’s desire.

254. Tabor, a self proclaimed magical misfit who only wants to rid herself of the psycho that wants to kill her. #pitchFURY

255. Futuristic hired gun from Texas teams with mysterious cyborg hacker to stop continental war, and maybe find her missing dad to boot. #sfr

256. 35-year-old executive’s career is compromised when she has an affair with her subordinate. ContemporaryRomance

257. S. Wunsch says:

Hannah finds a book and realizes it is about her own life. The story reaches the present moment. There are 236 pages left. #adult #WF

258. Heather says:

MG Jackson must catch saboteurs threatening his dad's job & family's safety. His secret weapon – the bionic legs he thought he hated.

259. Emily Reed says:

PB- Sunday is Fun-Day for Bertie, who sees her daddy one day a week. Fall in love with the dynamic pair, as they make way through NYC on an adventure filled day.

260. Tawnya says:

When an emancipated orphan falls for a girl with Selective Mutism & learns her parents are the cause of her silence, he must choose: ignore or help. YAc

261. YA genre mash-up. Quantum Leap meets The Tudors meets Pretty in Pink (only Duckie wins). Did you really think King Henry VIII was dead?

262. Scotland's all castles and lochs and perfect boyfriends, right? The dark of the dungeon soon proves otherwise. #ContempRom #pitchFURY

263. Good-hearted yet conflicted skateboarding paperboy feels obligated to mend the broken people on his route only to nearly ruin his life.

264. Karen says:

YA Historical Fic: In 1665, three servant girls flee their master to escape the Great Plague and try their luck in the streets of London.

265. HughesWriter says:

#RomCom A breakup a dare and a hilarious 1 night stand prompt Caroline and Ryan to become FWB-is she more interested in his roommate who is willing to offer more #pitchfury

266. V-Phan says:

To avenge the death of his birth family and save the kingdom of Rellm, seventeen-year-old Cale must battle against the vilest creature this world has ever known—his own uncle. YA Fantasy #pitchFURY

267. JC Mead says:

Single Yankee mom moves south & uses witchy skill 2 rescue soul of charming Scottish ghost while wooing Southern hottie

268. Is Rebekah's boyfriend the demon hunting along the Oregon coast? Her ex sure hopes so. Being a Keeper had to have a perk sometime.

269. Arel says:

Cupid & Psyche gets an Indian-folklore spin when 16 y-o Maya unleashes Chaos, leaving her no choice but to trick Death himself. #pitchFURY

270. With her rapist's trial approaching, 17 y/o Kate must convince herself she's not to blame if she wants a shot at convincing the jury #YA

271. 18y/o Mallory turns to the lottery to rescue her family and keep her life on track, but tough guy Adrian may be the key to a jackpot. #YAC

272. When 17yo Gray finds a murdered classmate, she must unravel family secrets and dig into her loner boyfriend's past or meet the same demise.

273. CHLamb says:

20something cubicle zombie Milly's world is upended after her uncle's sudden death and she inherits his PI firm complete with resident ghost

274. Lenore Lock says:

China,1376: Syaoran kidnaps Lihua to protect her from fortune hunter. They must resist attraction or risk Lihua's expulsion from utopia.ARom

275. YA: Olive's summer is a wreck til thrill-seeking Milo shows up. Will she risk their relationship when his next idea is too crazy? #PitchFury

276. gillhoffs says:

LordOfTheFlies meets Jaws.In 1930s,5kids steal boat&sail4America while elsewhere a man's lost on whale corpse.Drift together&MORE dangerous.

277. Wheelchair-bound Catty meets mysterious Johnny. But does he have a secret agenda? Was theirs really a chance meeting?

278. YA: Olive's summer is a wreck til thrill-seeking Milo shows up. Will she risk their relationship when his next idea is too crazy? #PitchFury

279. Violet says:

280. Fear. Brutalize. Deny. Rebel. In the duchy, how four teenagers adapt to their nefarious parents’ whims is a matter of survival. #YAfantasy #PitchFury

281. lauralanni says:

282. Shayna Punim says:

283. Debbie says:

Cartoon villain escapes from the pages of a comic and starts to possess Jake, who gradually starts to act and speak like him.#pitchFury MG

284. YA-F: 17yo Grace craves sanity how some girls crave chocolate. But falling for one of her hallucinations might land her in the psych ward.

285. Skrutskie says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

286. Pattie says:

Amberly,a werewolf sell-sword, wonders what will kill her 1st Evil cultists or protecting the rambunctious orphan they hunt. #pitchFURY #YA

287. 17yo Cas Leung’s to do list: 1.Raise sea monster pup to fight for her pirate captors 2.Avoid falling for pirate girl 3.Stay alive. YA SF LGBT

288. Myra Fiacco says:

Bronson just spent his last dime, and last prayer, on the purchase of an abandoned amusement park. Will the young woman squatting beyond the turnstiles convince him to resurrect the once glorious landmark before he takes the wrecking ball to it? Or is the land worth more than the memories? #NA

289. Regenerated soldier Frankie learns the 1 touch her numb skin can feel belongs the enemy boy she guards #YA Frnkstein + Rom&Juliet #pitchFURY

290. SaraBella says:

About to be married, lost in the Kauai rainforest, Sunny is rescued by reclusive scientist Nick, who tests every ounce of her willpower.

291. Obsessed with criminal minds, Schuyler Williams has to put her knowledge to the test to save her sister from a serial killer. 66k YA Contemporary Thriller #pitchFURY

292. Miss Cole says:

Ed's psychiatrist says she doesn't play well with others, but Ed can't save her spaceship from killer psychics alone #PitchFury (YA/SF)

293. Leiann Bynum says:

YA thriller: When Mikaela infiltrates her parents' assassin agency to save her boyfriend's life, she must resist becoming a killer herself

294. Two strangers. One clandestine wedding. Many hidden stories. Together they must learn to rely on each other and what they hope to build while accepting that perfection isn’t the goal; love is. #pitchfury #romance

295. Veronica Mars meets Buffy. 16yo Bria, a clairvoyant, must stop a killer with ties to voodoo before she's the next victim. #YANoir #pitchFURY

296. Intertwining 2 timelines: 41 yo Juliet's attempt to rekindle a star-crossed teenage love puts at risk last chance to save faltering marriage

297. Emrie Ann says:

YA. A young girl who can free souls unnaturally tied to their dead bodies fights to play out her role in a changed universe.

298. Annamatronix says:

YA: Her kind is tainted, despised and rejected by both species that made them. Yet for 17yo Rebecca its not revenge she seeks but truth

299. Stacy Ricco says:

SPD: Supernatural Police Department. Here to protect and serve the weird and unusual from the mundane world and from themselves.

300. cboye says:

A WWII Soviet airwoman must fly behind enemy lines to save her childhood sweetheart. YA historical. #pitchfury

301. Phact0rri says:

Occult murder entangling a celebrity magician … a widowing reverend… a runaway wannabe-actress… a small town police investigator… during the deaththrows of vaudeville #pitchfury

302. Denise Mealy says:

THE LYING GAME meets ACROSS THE UNIVERSE: A lab-created teen slave named #13 takes the identity of a murdered princess to find her killer. #YA

303. Tatum Neal says:

After years at sea, a repentant heart threatens his throne as The Flying Dutchman, but a sexy vixen in Portland has a better idea. #WeNeedDiverseBooks #Adult

304. The shawlweavers want to put an end to Almendra's race & magic kingdom. Can a prophecy & a wolf help her save it? YA F

305. Sweet OBGYN/bad-ass FBI agent’s marriage is threatened by his ex-partner seeking revenge. Love triangle. Rom Suspense Adult

306. Diane Rose says:

Hades gets more than expected when he abducts Persephone. A tale of love, justice, revenge, & a sweet 3-headed hellhound. NA Mythic Fantasy

307. Lulu thought her 5-y-o step-bro was bad 'til she trapped him in a comic and has to face down his imagined villains to save him. MG

308. Charlotte questions her identity when a journalist claims her deceased grandfather, a known serial killer, might be innocent. #A #PitchFURY

309. Joe M. says:

As part of parole, 17-yr-old Dolyn Pierce is ordered to assist police at crime scenes. Her specialty? Hearing conversations from the past. YA Thriller

310. Al says:

#YAThriller. Lost in a poker bet to a sex trafficker, 16yo Hailey goes on the run with her estranged childhood bff, Carson, to find her dad.

311. Piss poor valedictorian lets rich YouTube sensation vlog dates to win college scholarship; HashtagGirl gains Twitter infamy, voice, <3.

312. #romance. A war widow moves back to her Midwestern hometown with her young son. She struggles with the mystery behind her husband’s death and her own uncertain future. Motivated by her son, she befriends a professional football linebacker who has a hard hitting reputation on the field. When he falls for her, he becomes her defender and protector, but she may not be ready to open her empty heart to love again.

313. UMG C Wild rumors fly about, the new girl football player. The boys 12y/o Beth’s counted as friends decide to show her how rough football gets.

314. A war widow moves back to her Midwestern hometown with her young son. She struggles with the mystery behind her husband’s death and her own uncertain future. Motivated by her son, she befriends a professional football linebacker who has a hard hitting reputation on the field. When he falls for her, he becomes her defender and protector, but she may not be ready to open her empty heart to love again.

315. Andrea says:

High school quarterback Josh Hudson’s life is turned upside down and his future put in jeopardy when he falls for his math tutor and teammate. YA Contemporary #pitchFURY

316. I'm not pitching today, but I'd love to read this book.

317. Kterrette says:

Emily's ready for a love do-over. Who knew she'd get just that amidst piggy-back rides, fully-clothed cannonballs, and 4-wheelers? NA Romance

318. Emily Moore says:

12yo Dom witnesses cop's murder & is scared silent. When rap-sheeted bully becomes suspect no. 1, will he testify and risk exposure. MG/C

319. Heather says:

MG Jackson must catch saboteurs threatening his dads job & familys safety. His secret weapon-the bionic legs he thought he hated. #PitchFury

320. slcortazar says:

An orphan escapes captivity, falls into a biblical world and confronts a menace enslaving mankind. #pitchFURY YA Fantasy

321. sorry this posted 2x…didn't see it go through at first.

322. Victoria became Kay when her parents died at the breakfast table. New name, new town, new girl she must not love. Can part of Vic survive?

323. J Davidson says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

324. Scarlet’s forced to work for the High Court, but they want to exploit her magic and hide her past—including the boy she loves YA #pitchFURY

325. Rosie Smith says:

18y/o Nivorka must free Griff from an evil alchemist seeking immortality, while Griff strives to keep her out of the alchemist's clutches.#pitchFURY

326. Kim Pierson says:

Kate can't sing. Not a note. Which wouldn't be a big deal if she wasn't one of the stars of her hs musical. Northanger Abbey retelling. YA Contemp.

327. Heather says:

Sorry – I think this posted twice – mistake – not trying to flood feed!!!

328. 24yo Aussie Marica uncovers 100yo jrnls that show her familys part in Romanov murders, revealing truth could end in another tragedy; hers WF

329. Erica says:

A career grad student's gig guiding a bitter deposed dictator around NY before his big UN speech might be her ticket to Prof. — as long as she can string him along. Humorous romance

330. Six teenagers are captured. They're taken to a different world where people called "watchers" live. Then they're asked to join the cause.
    (YA)
    #pitchFURY

331. Ava's job is to find angel candidates for the Grim Reaper, so falling for a pure soul is not a good idea. If only Cole wasn't so perfect. YA

332. A bored pint sized garbage truck discovers he’s awesome at basketball beating go karts & building sandcastles #pitchFURY Character-driven PB

333. 2 Penguins a Reindeer & a Polar Bear get creative to deliver presents when Santas stuck in his hot tub b/c too many cookies. #TeamFURY PB

334. Casara Clark says:

A young girl with a heart defect learns that she only survives because of a boy’s sacrifices 100 years ago — sacrifices that will lead to his death. #YA #UF #pitchFURY

335. A 90s-obsessed gamer girl must find her missing friend on an island of eternal winter & weirdness. Welcome to Night Vale/Scott Pilgrim #YA #pitchFURY

336. Abby Annis says:

To stop a nutjob alien from seizing her power & using it to hijack the universe, Liv must join forces w/ the boy who killed her mom. YA Spec

337. Barbara says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

338. This comment has been removed by the author.

339. Candyland says:

On a journey to find an absentee birth father, it's only through this reverse chronological mystery the startling truth is revealed #Adult

340. Don't go! With an ache in her heart, Sophie desperately tries to speed up time until her mom's deployment ends – but nothing works. Maybe helping others is the way.#PB #pitchFury

341. Cara says:

Ideal daughter, scholar-athlete, potential homecoming queen kills her Texas high school’s beloved football coach while texting & driving

342. Suspenseful paranormal adult romance. Completed 80K MS. Vampire Secret Service agent saves President from assassination. Must fake his own death and undergoes identity crisis. #PNR

343. Michelle says:

Eco dangers force young Oceaner, Haly Hypnea, to abandon her tail for legs or more than the coral reef will die. #pitchFURY #MG

344. God's had enough and plans to destroy humanity but Jesus convinces him to let him have another crack at saving the world..circa 2014 Manila

345. vscot848 says:

Kate's work was stolen, but nobody knows it. Escaping to Scotland, she finds a new job and a new man. Fawlty Towers meets Sophie Kinsella.

346. #YA #UF Astrid’s superhero mom has strict rules: good grades and no boyfriends, especially not the son of a supervillain.

347. baellings says:

"Peter Pan" meets "The Time Traveler's Wife". Maggie has an actual magic heart; just what Will needs to break the spell that holds him. #pitchFURY Folklore/Romance

348. James Noll says:

The gods gave Frankie immortality; his father taught him how to kill. Both are great end of the world skills. NA PostApocalyptic #pitchFURY

349. Ella Richards says:

A past left behind in the Far East…Or was it? Jake must catch Olivia to find out. But does she want to be caught? #HisRom#Regency

350. Tina says:

An affair begins with a runaway named Serena and a man named Alexander who wishes he had the courage to run away. Alexander is desperate to find a wife because on his planet, Eurus, people are affected with a genetic urge to procreate that is so strong that they die when denied the opportunity. Will Serena love him enough to save his life?

351. A sacred new job comes with dark secrets: Arnot has power to see who dies next, but none to save them. Not even when it's the girl he loves.

352. Hunter Ash says:

Construction worker and her psychic girlfriend must end the curse of Dead Woman's Pond before becoming its next victims

353. An angry young man returns to his home town hoping to win back his first love. Instead, he has to protect her from the danger that follows him.

354. 50 Miles From Home, a love story for everyone searching for adventure and finding it in their own backyard,

355. Tif Johnson says:

#YA Alzheimer's brings 16yo Dena to grandpa's farm. It keeps 17yo Rider from leaving. Together against the disease, they find love.

356. Lisa Marie says:

Fern was the first to freely enter the mad Oldwood, set on finding her exiled lover, but the forest won't let her out alive. #pitchfury #YA

357. 17-year-old loner stops 18th Century psycho from claiming throne of lost kingdom. Oh, and saves her father who dragged her into whole mess!

358. Lydia ponders whether to keep a promise or betray a friend's hurtful secret that is spiraling out of control. MG Fiction

359. David Gullen says:

Street kid + dog rescue girl from gangsters inter-planar sex trade, travels between worlds & joins WIld Hunt.#pitchfury

360. Grief-stricken runaway finds a ladder to the past. Locked away fm present, journey thru self discovery is the only way home #YA #PitchFury

361. Staci Homrig says:

Comm fic: Calif politician accused of rape turns to his two best friends for help, but finds betrayal and long-held secrets instead.

362. Jen Schafer says:

17 yo tomboy spurns driving, dancing, and the one boy who understands her best after a car accident kills her grandfather and breaks her grandmother's heart. YA

363. Kameko and Ignacio are desperate for dad's attention. So is Fairyland; he's King, and he's missing. Kids must find themselves, then save dad

364. E.R. Warren says:

When a plague god kills her fiance, Princess Asuka begs a spurned lover, who is also a shapeshifter, to pose as her fiancé while she gets revenge. YA Fantasy Romance.

365. Sarah says:

366. Andrea survives by pulling straight As and moonlighting for her mother’s drug-dealer boyfriend—until she decides to fight for a better life. YAC

367. He's died and rebuilt every day for 300 yrs. She's the lone survivor of genocide. On the quest for his death and her family, only one of them can achieve what he or she strives for. But which one? Also: lady kings, sentient temples, and an albino lightning-mage based on Nikola Tesla. #YA #fantasy #upmarket

368. Anam Cara says:

Anthology/Collection of humorous pregnancy or delivery stories. Delivering the truth #PitchFury

369. Sarah Floyd says:

New school makes S feel blue. Dancing w/ the rainbow ballerinas might get her happy back, if she dares to be new girl, again. #pitchFURY PB

370. Doug says:

A boy without a family; a world without a leader; a rebellion without weapons. No problem. Maybe one—boy can’t control his emotions. YA SF

371. Eva Simmons says:

A road trip, a bucket list, and a hitchhiker who has many burn scars as secrets. If only something could cure her sister's cancer. #YA

372. Waking up in medieval Germany after a night of drinking was not on his itinerary. Neither was falling for a headstrong young queen. (Historical fantasy-romance)

373. Shayna Punim says:

Teenage pop phenomenon Oliver Sands will have his life changed forever after he meets Summer Hayes in rehab.

374. MattM says:

When their diplomat widower dad is framed for stealing the Crown Jewels 12 y/o Abbott twins must clear his name to save their family.MGAdv

375. This comment has been removed by the author.

376. This comment has been removed by the author.

377. Aniko says:

When the aliens who invaded her home planet come to Earth and murder her father, Nalia has to team up with one of them to take her revenge.

#PitchFURY YA fantasy

378. Gina Wynn says:

In two worlds with two husbands and too many secrets, there can be only one soulmate. Magical realism. #pitchFURY

379. This reminds me of the wonderful old movie, "Somewhere in Time."

380. This sounds interesting.

381. Interesting. I've often wondered what happens to characters, especially those who were killed off.

382. This is one I'd like to read, too.

383. I would read this one. 🙂

384. Karen says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

385. Louise Fury says:

I would love to read the query and first 3 chapters.
    Please send in the body of an email to:

386. Louise Fury says:

I would love to read the query and first 3 chapters.
    Please send in the body of an email to:

387. Louise Fury says:

I would love to read the query and first 3 chapters.

388. Louise Fury says:

I would love to read the query and first 3 chapters.

389. Louise Fury says:

I would love to read the query and first 3 chapters.

390. Louise Fury says:

I would love to read the query and first 3 chapters.

391. Louise Fury says:

I would love to read the query and first 3 chapters.

392. Louise Fury says:

I would love to read the query and first 3 chapters.

393. Louise Fury says:

I would love to read the query and first 3 chapters.

394. Louise Fury says:

I would love to read the query and first 3 chapters.

395. Louise Fury says:

I'd love to read the query and first 10 pages.

396. Louise Fury says:

I'd love to read the query and first 10 pages.

397. Louise Fury says:

I'd love to read the query and first 10 pages.

398. Louise Fury says:

I'd love to read the query and first 10 pages.
    furyqueries (at) thebentagency.com

399. This comment has been removed by the author.